THIS GAME LICENSE UPLOADING AGREEMENT (“Agreement”) is made and entered into by and between “ZaFi”, and You, the developer of an online game (“Developer”). Through this agreement, Developer submits a game and related materials (Developer Materials) to “ZaFi” for inclusion on “ZaFi” website, in “ZaFi” online gaming services, including syndicated services, in “ZaFi” products, or in other media whether now or hereafter created (“ZaFi” Platform). The effective date is the date on which Developer uploads each game to accept this Agreement. For good and valuable consideration, on the “ZaFi” Platform the parties agree as follows:
1. Ownership. Developer shall retain all right, title, and interest in and to any games or materials that the Developer uploads to the “ZaFi” website or otherwise provides to “ZaFi” (“Developer Materials”).
2. License. Developer hereby grants to “ZaFi” a worldwide, non-exclusive, sublicensable right and license to (i) use, reproduce, distribute, display, publicly perform, deliver, market, and promote, Developer Materials through the “ZaFi” Platform, and (ii) to develop, create, implement, and/or distribute modifications from Developer materials as necessary in order to incorporate Developer Materials in the “ZaFi” Platform consistently with Developer’s warranties and the terms of this agreement.
3. License Termination. The license granted by Developer to “ZaFi” may be terminated by Developer by following the online license termination process on the “ZaFi” website or such other location of the “ZaFi” Platform. Within seven days of a receipt of a termination request, “ZaFi” shall make commercially reasonable efforts to remove the Developer Materials from the “ZaFi” Platform, to cease public distribution of Developer Materials, and to delete residual copies of Developer Materials on “ZaFi” servers and other machines not available to the general public. Notwithstanding the foregoing, “ZaFi” will not be responsible for removing cached copies of the Developer Materials that may be made by third parties on their own servers, computers, or other hardware.
4. Developer Warranties. Developer warrants and represents that: (i) Developer has the right to grant the license described in this Agreement; (ii) the Developer Materials, including code, visual, and musical elements do not infringe on the rights of any third party, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property right, or any right of privacy or publicity; (iii) the Developer Materials do not contain any viruses, corrupted files, backdoors, or any other similar software or programs that may adversely affect end users of the Develop Materials or the operation of the “ZaFi” Platform, “ZaFi” servers, or its systems, software or hardware; (iv) the Developer Materials do not contain falsehoods or misrepresentations or content that could give rise to a criminal offense, civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate; and (v) Developer’s entry into this Agreement does not violate any laws, rules, or regulations which govern Developer or constitute a breach, event of default, or violation of any agreement by which Developer is bound; and (vi) the Developer Materials do not accept payments from or display dynamically served advertisements to users, nor do they provide a premium service for payment accepted elsewhere, except as authorized or provided by “ZaFi”.
5. Additional Warranties. Both parties warrant and represent that (i) its signatory has been duly authorized on its behalf to enter into and execute this Agreement and (ii) it has the requisite authority to enter into and be bound by this Agreement.
6. Indemnity. Developer shall indemnify, defend, and hold “ZaFi” harmless from and against any damages, amounts agreed to in settlement, demands, liabilities, obligations, costs, and expenses of any nature whatsoever (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) incurred by “ZaFi” to the extent resulting from (i) a violation by Developer of the terms of this Agreement or Developer’s obligations, representations, or warranties hereunder, (ii) a third-party claim that the Developer Materials infringe any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of privacy or publicity, or any other proprietary right of a third party.
7. Waiver. “ZAFI” MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT, AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR, (I) THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE “ZAFI” PLATFORM, (II) ANY ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF THE DEVELOPER MATERIAL AS INCORPORATED INTO THE “ZAFI” PLATFORM, (III) ANY UNLAWFUL COPYING OF THE DEVELOPER MATERIALS, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE DEVELOPER MATERIALS ON THE “ZAFI” PLATFORM, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE “ZAFI” PLATFORM, (V) COMMUNICATIONS OR ACTIONS OF “ZAFI” PLATFORM USERS, OR (VI) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE “ZAFI” PLATFORM OR OTHERWISE DURING DEVELOPER’S PROVISION OF THE DEVELOPER MATERIALS TO “ZAFI”.
8. Limitation of Liability. “ZAFI” SHALL NOT BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, IN TORT, OR IN ANY OTHER FORM OF ACTION, FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR ITS PERFORMANCE OR FAILURE TO PERFORM HEREUNDER. IN NO EVENT SHALL “ZAFI” LIABILITY TO DEVELOPER FOR DAMAGES EXCEED $5.00 USD.
9. Governing Law/Jurisdiction/Venue. This Agreement shall be governed by the law of the United Kingdom, without reference to its principles of conflict of laws to the extent they would require the application of another state’s law. The parties each consent to the jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in the county of London in the United Kingdom, and waive any objection to venue in such courts.
10. Entire Agreement. This Agreement and any written amendments executed by both parties embodies the entire agreement and understanding between the parties and supersedes all prior understandings and agreements, whether written or oral, between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof. “ZaFi” may amend this Agreement upon ten (10) days prior notice delivered to the email address provided by Developer to “ZaFi”.
11. Legal Construction; Interpretation. If one or more of the provisions of this Agreement are for any reason held to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any respect, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other provision of this Agreement; and this Agreement shall be construed as if such invalid, illegal, or unenforceable provisions had never been contained in this Agreement.
12. Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed in one or more counterparts, each of which, taken together, shall be considered one and the same document.
By checking “Accept” below Developer affirmatively agrees that this Agreement shall be binding on Developer, just as if Developer had provided a physical signature. By submitting the Developer Materials to “ZaFi”, Developer expressly recognizes and agrees that any data or information Developer provides to “ZaFi”, including personally identifiable information, will be provided to “ZaFi”, with its principal office located in the London, in the United Kingdom.